Solitaire Network Help
All Solitaire Network games run on any computer or mobile device that supports HTML5 technology. Any modern browser should be able to play our games. If you can see the HTML5 logo below this paragraph then you should be able to play Solitaire Network games.
It is highly recommended that players keep their browsers updated to the latest version of the browser of their choice.
If the games get stuck on the Loading screen.
Most people never experience any problems with the games. But if you do, there are a few things you can do to fix or to narrow down the problem:
- 1 - Clear your browser's temporary files and try again. Temporary files are also known as the browser cache. Here is a great reference that explains how to do this: wikihow Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
- 2 - See if the game will work in your browser's "private" browsing mode. (a.k.a Incognito Mode.) Private browsing mode turns off browser add-ons that may be interfering with the games. If the games play correctly in private mode, then you will need to track down which browser add-on is interfering and turn it off while on Solitaire Network (or you can play the games in Private mode.)
- 3 - As a test, see if the games will work while using a different browser. This can help narrow the problem down to a particular browser.
- 4 - As a test, see if the games will work while using a different computer or mobile device on the same network. This can help narrow the problem down to a particular computer or device.
Information about Sounds
Audio support in HTML5 has improved greatly in the last couple of years. But Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11 do not support HTML5 Audio well enough for us to use. If audio is important to you, then we highly recommend using a different browser.
Some older browsers and devices also may not support audio. Support for older devices such as iPad 1 and support for older browsers have been discontinued by Apple and will not support audio.
Game Settings Problems:
To save Game Settings from one session to the next you must have cookies enabled in your browser. If cookies are turned off, you will only be able to start a game using its default settings. However, you can change settings within the game for that session only. Also note that Game Settings may not work correctly on older browsers.
Game Settings are available at the top of each game on the right side of the game. Here are some specific Game Settings and what they do:
- Swap Layout: This setting, when available, allows you to swap positions of some important game elements, such as the Stock. Not all games support this setting.
- Auto Play: This setting, when available, will play all of the cards automatically when the game is guaranteed to be won. If this button looks like this: then it is turned off and the cards will not be automatically played. Not all games support this setting.
- Change Decks: This setting, when available, will allow you to choose the style of cards that you prefer. This setting is not available on small mobile screens.
- Background Style: Using this button, you may choose between using a picture as a game background or a more simple green background.
- Sounds On/Off Toggle: This setting allows you to turn On or Off the sounds in the games. Not all browsers support sounds. If this is the case, the game will notify you of it.
Game Settings are applied to ALL games.
If you are having other problems not mentioned here or these solutions did not work for you, please feel free to contact us for further support.
IMPORTANT: To get the best response, please explain the problem with as many details as possible. It helps tremendously if you include at least the following information:
- Operating System (i.e. Windows or Mac, iPad, etc.)
- Browser you are using (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Browser version you are using.
- Actions you have already tried from this Help page.
- A complete description of what you see on the screen during.